Pilates Village is proud to offer the Pilates Sports Center Teacher Training Program, all-inclusive 450+ hour course.
PSC teaches a contemporary, cutting-edge approach to the method developed by Joseph Pilates in the 1920s, one that preserves the essence of the original technique but incorporates today’s knowledge and principals. Students will learn the Classical and Progressive approach to Pilates in one program using a beautiful, organized photographic manual.
Our next session begins August 20 and runs through December 10, 2016. Register now to reserve your space!
This all-inclusive 450+ hour course includes:
- Pilates Mat Repertoire
- Universal Reformer
- Cadillac/Trapeze Table
- Wunda/Combo Chair
- Fundamental Pilates philosophy
- Client assessment and alignment protocol
- Anatomy, terminology and biomechanics taught in an interactive environment
- Small apparatus skills: jump board, magic circle, rotating discs, balance/wobble board, foam rollers, thera bands/balls
- Creative training and programming skills for any level of proficiency
- Verbal and tactile cueing skills
- Attitude, confidence and composure of a professional instructor
- Studio etiquette and equipment safety
- Ethics and scope of practice
- Understanding specific injuries/dysfunctions and special circumstances
The Pilates Sports Center Teacher Training Difference
- PSC offers 124 hours of classroom time vs. other programs, which may require lots of “outside hours” but not actual instruction time.
- PSC believes in the anatomically based concepts of “neutral spine” to support the spine’s natural curves, a departure from the “pelvic tilt” to flatten the back.
- All PSC Master Teacher Trainers have achieved a high level of excellence in their field, hold multiple diplomas, have passed rigorous testing, and are PMA Certified Pilates Teachers™.
- Expensive books, DVDs or classes are NOT required at an extra cost.
- PSC teaches both “East Coast”/Classical and a “West Coast”/Progressive execution throughout the course to create a well-rounded instructor.
- PSC offers 2 options: – a Comprehensive “All-In-One” 15-week course or a “Modular” program to learn the Mat and Equipment individuall.
- PSC requires an entrance and exit interview / exam to accept and graduate only those who are truly ready. PSC is proud to be an educational leader who cares about the integrity and success of our graduates.
- Small class size for the best learning experience – plenty of equipment and Instructor time. 12 Students MAX!
- PSC teaches the equipment repertoire on the 5 various “models” of the Reformer, 3 types of Wunda Chair, and 2 Types of Cadillac equipment to understand how to adapt to different studio environments.
- Students learn how to maintain, modify, and perform safety servicing of the Pilates equipment.
- Many variations and modifications are taught to assist a client with injuries or special needs. This creates the most capable and skilled trainer.